- Glenn Coianiz and Chris Torrey Abstract Lithogeochemistry of Pegmatites in the Broken Hill District, New South Wales: Vectors to Mineralisation?
- Phillip Hellman Rare Earth Element Deposits. Aspects of their evaluation,diversity, geochemistry and genesis.
Hellman and Duncan REE Paper 2017 Meeting photos here
- CWEDG David Cooke & Sebastien Meffre from CODES, UTAS.
- NSWGS Showcase - Program, Chris Yeats - Overview, Phil Blevin - Projects, New Maps & Research, John Greenfield - Drilling in Southern Thomson Orogen and Sam Wilkin - Precompetitive Data Sunrise
- John Elliston - Retracing the Systematic Steps in a Voyage of Scientific Discovery ~ Presentation ~ Summary
- SMEDG Inaugural Dinner. Citations for Geoff Loudon      David Timms      Steve Collins      Ken Maiden      Presentation Photos      Attendee Photos
- Mark Gordon ASIC Information Sheet 214
- CWEDG Meeting - Forbes, NSW: Jon Hoye and Stefanie Loader from CMOC Northparkes, Joe Booth, Evolution Mining and and Mark Arundell, IMEx Consulting
- CWEDG PRESENTATIONS: Jonathon Hoye Distinguishing Intrusive Phases in Strongly Altered Hydrothermal Settings Stefanie Loader Sepon Discovery Stories Joe Booth Cowal Drilling rEvolution Mark Arundell MILC + NFILC
- Tim McConachy - Steiglitz Gold Project, Victoria
- Vladimir David - Magic Touch of Gold and the Agnew Mining Camp
- Graham Carman - Tinka Resources A tour of the mineral deposits of Peru, with a focus on the Ayawilca zinc ~ tin ~ silver discovery in central Peru
- Kylie Hargreaves NSW Division of Resources and Energy Our Social Licence - A Priceless Commodity
- Barry Dawes - Stockmarket Outlook Update
- Rob Yeates - Coal Valuations
- GSNSW - Geological Survey NSW Presentations Flyer - Chris Yeats - Trisha Moriarty - Phil Gilmore - Cressida Gilmore - John Greenfield
- Ian Pringle Broken Hill Mineralisation – Observations from Outside the Box & Flyer
- John Hill Time Lines and Fault Lines - A Career & Abstract
- Bronwyn Witham &
Kevin Capnerhurst - CWEDG:NSWGS - New DIGS Search Engine
- Rupert Osborn - Python Rocks! Presentation & Notes
- Bob Close - CV - Abstract - Oman VMS Exploration History Presentation
- Jacob Rebek - Employment in Mineral Exploration 2015
- Bret Ferris - The Cargo Porphyries Powerpoint Presentation
- Steve Collins - The truth about geophysical exploration and discovery in central NSW
Powerpoint Presentation as 7.5MB .pdf
Peter Downes and David Tilley - "Keys to understanding the Central Lachlan — the GSNSW Nymagee mineral systems study" Powerpoint Presentation
Chris Torrey - "Silver City Minerals at Broken Hill" ~ POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
Jane Barron and Russell Fountain - "A new, outcropping, greenfields gold discovery at Paupong (near Jindabyne) NSW; serendipity and science" JANE'S POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
Tony Hope - Exploration, Mines and Money POWERPOINT PRESENTATION AS 35MB.PDF - Mount Morgan - Murphyores HM deposits - Ginkgo HM deposit - Bougainville porphyry - Ok Tedi porphyry - Lihir
Neil Rutherford - Abstract - Integrating Exploration Data to Develop and Modify Exploration Models: Case Studies from Two Sites in Indonesia (50MB)
Ken Maiden & Karl Hartmann - Omitiomire Flyer “OMITIOMIRE COPPER DEPOSIT, NAMIBIA:THE ROCKY ROAD TOWARDS PROJECT DEVELOPMENT” (68MB .pdf! and great pictures...)
John McIntyre and Bob Adamson - “The Valuation of Mineral Projects” • Why are valuations required? • How are valuations carried out? • Who does a valuation? • What are the roles of Valuers and Technical Appraisers? • Is this a career option? • What is AIMVA? - Presentation.pdf
Greg Corbett - Gold Discovery in Papua New Guinea - Flyer – Powerpoint Presentation as an 84 slide, 28MB .pdf
Dedicated to the memory of Gavin Thomas
SMEDG-AIG STUDENT NIGHT
- Alex Cherry - Paragenesis of gold sulphide mineralisation at the Tomingley gold deposits, NSW
Jennifer Prichard - The geochemistry and geochronology of cassiterite from the Mole Granite, NSW
- Mark Arundell - The Observer's Guide to Potash - Abstract Powerpoint Presentation as 24.5MB .pdf
- Kate Hine - Down-hole Geophysics â€“ Surprises at Woodlawn - Abstract Powerpoint Presentation as 4MB .pdf
- David Cohen - Geochemical Mapping: A Critical Tool in the Search for Mineral Deposits - Abstract Powerpoint Presentation as a 10MB.pdf
- Paul Heithersay - What is the future for Government Geoscience Initiatives in Australia? - Abstract Powerpoint Presentation as a 9MB .pdf
- Doug Menzies - A Porphyry Cu-Au Model â€“ Exploration Implications Powerpoint as a 7MB .pdf
- Dave Robson - NSW Geological Survey - Riverina Gravity Survey Data Release and mention of Other Survey Geophysical Activities in NSW Powerpoint as a 9MB .pdf
- MINES & WINES CONFERENCE with NSW Geological Survey and AIG September 11th - 13th 2013 in Orange. As good as ever! ABSTRACTS PRESENTATIONS as .ppt's & .pdf's
- Don Pridmore & Greg Turner - Recent Developments and Case Histories in Seismic for Mineral Exploration Powerpoint as a 4MB .pdf
- Dane Burkett - Geology of the Kulumadau intermediate sulfidation epithermal deposit, Woodlark Island, Papua New Guinea Powerpoint as a 18MB .pdf
- Issai Goldberg and Grigory Abramson - The Geochemistry Pattern of Ore Systems from Regional to Local Scale - based on the IONEX Technology - Powerpoint as a 24MB .pdf
- Dr Graham Carr - Can we achieve low-cost Pb isotope analyses for geochemical exploration programs and how useful would they be? Powerpoint as a 3.2MB .pptPowerpoint as a 3.7MB .pdf
- Dick Glen - The Exceptionally Endowed Ordovician Macquarie Arc in Central NSW: Is it really an Arc? And does it matter? Related .ppt presentation by Dick from M&W2013
- Emeritus Prof. Pete Williams, University of Western Sydney - The Chemistry of Exploration Geochemistry. What's That?Powerpoint as a 2.5MB .pdf See also
- Dr Rob Hough - Addressing the Exploration Challenge in Australia â€“ from In-Mine Resource Targeting to Distal Footprints in the Greenfields
- Tully Richards - Old Rocks, New Tricks, Surprises from the Canowindra Line of Workings Powerpoint as a 12MB .pdf
- John Greenfield - NSW Geological Survey - The 'Geoscience Data Warehouse' Powerpoint Presentation
- Offline maps apps at 'Maps for Mobile Devices' with instructions there for what app to download and how to add the NSW data.
- David Hobby - Silver Mines' New England Stategy Powerpoint as a 4MB .pdf
- Trangie Johnston - Mineral Hill â€“ A New Beginning Powerpoint as a 3.5MB .pdf
- Kim Bayly - NSW Department of Trade & Investment Abstract - with forensic overtones. Not What It "Seams". Lithgow Coal? No, it's the Lidsdale Lower Seam
- Ian Chalmers - Alkane Resources - - Alkane Resources' Multi-commodity Program in the Central West NSW Powerpoint as a 4MB .pdf
- Nancy Vickery - UNE & Peel Exploration - - Mallee Bull Polymetallic Deposit, Cobar
District NSW Mallee Bull - Gilgunnia Powerpoint as a 4MB .pdf
- Phil Blevin - NSW Trade & Investment - Minerals Division - Current mineral system studies and related data acquisition at the Geological Survey of NSW Powerpoint as a 3.5MB .pdf
- Kevin Heather - Discovery and Development of the Haquira Cu-Mo-Au Porphyry Deposit, Southern Peru: A Super-Giant in the Making? CWEDG Powerpoint presentation as 33MB .pdf
- Ian Pringle - Cobalt Deposits near Broken Hill - The Rumen Model - A new mineral deposit type Powerpoint as 14MB .pdf
- Ken Witherley - The evolution of the use of geophysics in the search for blind VHMS
deposits in the Abitibi greenstone belt, QuÃ©bec Canada Powerpoint as 6.5MB .pdf
SMEDG-AIG STUDENT NIGHT
- Amberley Murray - Hydrothermal alteration, ore fluid characteristics and mechanisms for gold deposition at the Wallaby Gold Deposit, Laverton, Western Australia Abstract Presentation
- Eliza Smith - Geochemistry and alteration at the Hermes and Central Bore gold prospects, Peak Hill District, WA. - Abstract
- Samantha Clarke - Submarine landslides on the upper southeast Australian passive continental margin - preliminary findings. - Abstract Presentation
- Thanks to Hellman & Schofield - Student Dinner Sponsor @ Selah, Loftus Street, Circular Quay Photos
- Mark Grodner - Turkish Delights Powerpoint as 9MB .pdf
- Tony Hope - The Hope Factor - Gingko - Arumpo Bentonite - Browns Creek Gold Powerpoint as 60!MB .pdf
- Daniel Brost - PanAust Limited â€“ Laos Exploration Update Powerpoint as 5MB .pdf
- Chris Yeats - Minerals Down Under - Addressing the Exploration Challenge in the 21st Century
- Bruce Rohrlach - Geology of the Tumpangpitu Cu-Au Deposit, Tujuh Bukit Project, East Java, Indonesia Powerpoint as 19MB .pdf
- Rob Rutherford - The Maronan Silver-Lead Project: The Giant Cannington Deposit's Less Messed-Up Little Brother Reaches Puberty
- Rimas Kairaitis - The Hera & Nymagee Mineral System - A significant Cobar-style ore system developing Powerpoint as 3MB .pdf
- Kim Stanton-Cook - The Copper Hill Porphyries Presentation .pdf 7.5MB .pdf The Copper Hill Porphyries - Geological Setting, Exploration & the Search for Extensions + links
- SMEDG/AIG STUDENT BURSARY AWARDS
- Amy Cockerton - Monash University - - The Liquid Bismuth Collector Model: An Analysis of the Stormont Au-Bi Prospect, Tasmania Amy's Resume
- Sabin Zahirovic - Sydney University - Linked Plate Motion and Mantle Convection Models of the India-Eurasia Collision Sabins's Resume
- Professor Richard Hillis - An Update on the Deep Exploration Technologies CRC: A Major New
Government- and Industry-Funded Research Initiative in Mineral Exploration
- Steve Collins - Very Large Scale Gradient Array IP Survey in the Orange District, NSW
- MINES & WINES CONFERENCE with NSW DPI - Geological Survey and AIG September 23rd - 24th 2010 in Mudgee. Great time had by all! Sponsors and Booths All .ppt presentations as .pdf's See also M&W 2007
- Lucy McClean, Manager Environment and Community, NSW Minerals Council - Exploration in a Climate of Change: Aboriginal Cultural Heritage, Land Access and Moreâ€¦â€¦
- John Levings - Robust Resources' Polymetallic Discovery on Romang Island
- Wally Bucknell - Atlantic Gold's Cochrane Hill and Touquoy Gold Projects in Nova Scotia
- Sue-Ern Tan - Fighting for the Future of Exploration in NSW - the Latest on Land Access and other Regulatory Reforms
- Prof. Damien Gaboury - Archean Lode Gold Deposits at Abitibi
- Dr. Panagiotis Voudouris - Gold deposits of Greece Powerpoint as 21MB .pdf
- Chris Torrey - Chief Consulting Geologist, CTEX Pty Ltd., for Golden Minerals Company - The Geology and Mineralisation of the El Quevar Silver Project, Northern Argentina: Silver-Copper mineralisation in advanced argillic hydrothermal alteration within the Queva-Aquas Calientes Volcanic Complex. Powerpoint as .pdf 2.5MB
- SMEDG/AIG STUDENT BURSARY AWARDS
- Laura Klingberg (Adelaide): Regolith-Landforms and Regolith Geochemistry of the 'Tomahawk' Au-in-calcrete anomaly: Tunkillia, Gawler Craton, South Australia Powerpoint Presentation .pdf
- Angela Marshall (Wollongong): Regolith Enrichment of the Wonmunna Marra Mamba Iron Ore Deposits of the Hamersley Region, Western Australia Powerpoint Presentation .pdf
- Other AIG Bursary Winners - Grace Shephard (Sydney) and Robert McCarroll (UNSW) Award Ceremony Photo
- David Shatwell - Andean Resources - Eureka West and Bajo Negro Low-Sulfidation Au - Ag Deposits, Cerro Negro District, Argentina
- Dr. Nigel J. Cook - Sulphides and their Dirty Secrets Adobe .pdf 22MB Powerpoint .ppt 27MB
- Doug Kirwan - Merlin - The World's First Primary Rhenium Mine? Powerpoint Presentation as a 21MB .pdf
- Karl Hartmann and Ken Maiden - Omitiomire, Namibia, a New Style of Large Stratiform Copper Deposit"
- Cameron Quinn - "Incipient Macquarie Arc: part of an extensive, coherent mineralized supra-subduction zone system in eastern NSW"
- Trisha Moriarty - Exploration & Environmental Reports Online (EROL) Lodgement web service
- Greg Corbett - Tectonic/structural controls to Papua New Guinea Cu-Au Deposits Powerpoint Presentation as a 25MB!.pdf
- Phil Blevin - Igneous Rocks and Mineralisation in NSW Powerpoint Presentation as a 4MB .pdf
- Peter Buckley - Maghemite as Iron Ore
- Carl Clark - Latest developments at Tritton Copper Mine
AIG and SMEDG Bursary Winners Presentations, 29th January, 2009
- Vashti Singh - Oil Migration in the Mesoproterozoic Roper Superbasin, Northern Australia: An Assessment of Fluid Inclusions and Solid Bitumen
- Glen Diemar - Supergene Dispersion of Antimony and a Geochemical Exploration Model for Antimony Ore Deposits
- Ryan Portner - Pyroclastic and Hyaloclastic rocks from Macquarie Island; Implications for a dying Miocene Spreading Ridge
- SMEDG - AIG TERRY LEACH SYMPOSIUM 17th October 2008 Presentations as .pdf's Papers now loaded and waiting for you.
- John Levings & Pieter Moeskops - Mineralisation at Romang Island in Eastern Indonesia ~Abstract~
- Graziella Caprarelli - Geological Processes in the Martian southern hemisphere: interpretations from recent
- Sam Lees & Elisabeth Steffes Zamia-Anthony Molybdenum Discovery ~ Powerpoint Presentation as a 7MB .pdf Zamia-Anthony Molybdenum Discovery ~ Powerpoint Presentation as a 7MB .pdf
- I. Goldberg, G. Abramson (IONEX Pty Ltd, Australia); V. Los, V. Nazarov (AO "Kazzinc", Kazakhstan). Regional Rock Geochemistry of the Leninogorsk and Zyryanovsk VMS Region (Rudny Altay, Kazakhstan) Implications for Genesis and Exploration Powerpoint Presentation as a 1MB .pdf
- Dr Russell Fountain The Black Smokers and the Geology of the
Wetar Copper Deposits ~ Powerpoint Presentation as a 3MB .pdf The Black Smokers and the Geology of the
Wetar Copper Deposits ~ Powerpoint Presentation as a 3MB .pdf
- Bruce Robertson - Tri Origin - Update on Woodlawn
- Jon Huntington - HyLogging and the developing National Virtual Core Library
- Jacob Rebek - Exploration for Zinc Deposits of the Century Type Powerpoint Presentation as a .pdf
- Graham Carr CSIRO's Minerals Down Under National Flagship Project Web Site
- Megan Hough - Nature of gold mineralisation in the Woods Point - Walhalla Goldfield, eastern Victoria, Australia
- MINES & WINES CONFERENCE with NSW DPI - Geological Survey and AIG September 20th - 21st 2007 in Orange. Another resounding success! Mines & Wines 2007 Extended Abstracts Volume and All .ppt presentations as .pdf's See also
- Dr Issai Goldberg & Dr Grigory Abramson - The Source and Timing of Gold in Orogenic Gold Deposits; a case study from the giant Bendigo deposits in Australia
- Dr Greg Corbett - Controls to Low-sulphidation Epithermal Au-Ag Deposits. Encompassing the host rocks, structure, styles of mineralisation, mechanism for Au and Ag deposition, supergene enrichment and dilution. Powerpoint Presentation as a 48MB.pptm Powerpoint Presentation as a 48MB.pptm
- Prof Ross Large The source and timing of gold in orogenic gold deposits; a case study of the giant Sukhoi Log sediment-hosted deposit in Siberia Powerpoint Presentation as a 12MB.pdf
- Nigel Cook Gold-Telluride Deposits â€“ What do we Know? (Joint Meeting with GSA)
- Keiko Hamam and Sylvia Michael - Satellite Imagery - A Tool for Mineral Exploration Geoimage PowerPoint Presentation (14Mb) PowerPoint Presentation (14Mb)
- Alistair Cowden - Vulcan Resources' Kylylahti copper-cobalt-nickel-gold deposit in Eastern Finland .pdf of .ppt (9Mb)
- Neil Wilkins - Gold Ridge - the Oldest and Youngest Discovery Story in the SW Pacific
- Ed Saunders - Pressure-temperature-composition constraints from geochemistry on the Tropicana Gold Deposit, Western Australia SMEDG-AIG Bursary Award Presentation & Dinner
- Simon McDonald - AIM-listed Neptune Minerals and its Seafloor Massive Sulphide Exploration Program
- Neptune Minerals
- Garry Lowder & Russell Meares - Every Hole has a Silver Lining - The Conrad Story Malachite Web Link PowerPoint Presentation as .pdf
- Malcolm Norris - Mineral Exploration in the Philippines and the Tampakan Cu - Au deposit Indophil website Tampakan
- David Shatwell - Cerro Negro Project - a low sulfidation epithermal gold deposit in Santa Cruz province, southern Argentina
- Bob Ilchik - The Carlin Enigmas
MINES & WINES CONFERENCE with NSW DPI - Geological Survey May 25th - 26th 2006 in Cessnock. It was a Beauty!
- Details - Click Here Abstracts and Powerpoint Presentations See also
- Russell Meares - The Phoenix Prospect, Tooloom Gold Field Malachite Web Link
- Stew Hamilton - Forest Rings, their Implications for Mineral Exploration ---
- Mick McMullen and Mike Erceg - Tritton Mine - an Update a joint presentation with AusIMM
- Gary Sorenson - The Sudbury Basin - A Growth Opportunity? Inco Limited, Canada.
- Joe Xie et al - Review of the SEEGrid Mining and Exploration Database System More Information
- Andy Green - Minerals Down Under --- A Trillion Dollars of New Resources?
- Blair Hostetler - Exploration in Glaciated Terrains by Systematic Mapping of Groundwater Sumps
- Andy Green - Minerals Down Under --- A Trillion Dollars of New Resources?
- Blair Hostetler - Exploration in Glaciated Terrains by Systematic Mapping of Groundwater Sumps
- Dr Richard Mazzucchelli - 50 Years of Geochemical Exploration in the Goldfields
- Rob Rutherford - In Search of a Red (Metal) Giant: From the Cosmic to Prospect Scale Red Metal Web Site
- Russell Korsch - Seismic Traverses across the Southern Macarthur River Basin (.pdf)
- Ian Stockton - Current Exploration Programs around the CSA Mine at Cobar
- Geoff Taylor - Hyperspectral Imagery for Rock and Mineral Mapping at Broken Hill
- Neil Wilkins - The Real Story behind the Nena Copper Deposit, PNG - Its Relationship to the Porphyry Coppers
- Phil McInerney - Broken Hill Geology in 3-D
- Russell Fountain - Exploration in the Noughties, Chronic Ailments and Alternate Therapies
- Jane and Larry Barron - Formation Conditions of Copeton Diamonds and their Implications
- David Huston - The Tanami Region: Expanding the Potential for Gold
- David Roots - The Silver Remaining in the Yerranderie Volcano
- Neil Phillips - Mineral Exploration & Mining - the Future at CSIRO
- Wolf Maier - Magmatic Ni-Cu-PGE deposits in Southern Africa
- Gregg Morrison - Controls on High Grade in Porphyry Cu-Au Stockworks
- Doug Kirwan - The Turquoise Hill Gold-Copper Porphyry Deposit - South Gobi Desert, Mongolia
- Patrick Highsmith - "The Use of ICP-MS in Mineral Exploration â€“ From Fringe to Mainstream"
- EXPLORATION IN ASIA - Put a Tiger in your Tenement- with AIG - 10th October 2003
- Symposium Programme - Speakers - Topics - Exhibitors. Papers now loaded - ppt presentations & photos coming soon.
- Vladimir David - "Mineral Deposits of the Cobar Belt - Mineral Exploration Opportunities in the Half-Inverted Sedimentary Basin" PowerPoint Presentation (75Mb's of it!)
- Professeur Normand Goulet - Structural Controls of
Diamondiferous Kimberlite, North Eastern Canadian Shield
- Dr Tim Baker - Intrusion Related Gold Deposits: Classification, Characteristics and Exploration PowerPoint Presentation
- Ralph Stagg - Extending known Mineralised Zones and Testing Concept-based Geophysical Targets
- Bryce Wood - Sukhoi Log - Giant Gold/Platinum Deposit in
- Mike Diemar - Chatree Geology - from Exploration to Mining PowerPoint Presentation
- Ian Chalmers - The Lachlan Lives - Wyoming - Peak Hill - Dubbo Zirconia PowerPoint Presentation
- Guy Fleming - Recent Highlights from the Cobar-Girilambone Project
- Dr Greg Corbett - AIG Presidential Address 2002
- SHADOW OF THE HEADFRAME SYMPOSIUM - with AIG and ASEG - 11th October 2002
- Speakers - Presentations (.ppt's, .pdf's & .htm's), Sponsors, Trade Displays & Details
- Mark Arundell & Simon Gatehouse - Seeing Through Alluvial Gold : Fine-fraction Stream Sediment Sampling in the Sofala area, Central New South Wales
- Dr Tim McConachy - Submarine Hydrothermal Processes in Volcanic Arcs, Back Arcs and Continental Shelf Settings in the SW Pacific
- Dr Issai S. Goldberg - New Conceptual Model for the Recognition of Geochemical Patterns
- Bob White & Steve Collins -New Developments and Case Histories of 3D IP Surveys
- Dave Price - Mineral Exploration in Europe
- Bob Close - Mineral Exploration in Arabia - An Oman Perspective
- Jane Barron - Garnets, Diamonds, Diatremes and Subduction at Bingara, in the
- New England Orogen of New South Wales.
- Steve Castor - Carlin-Type Gold Deposits - An Overview
- Jason Bawden-Smith - Instant Geochemistry Results â€“ Myth or Reality
- Bob Besley - The Revitalisation of Central Broken Hill
- Graham Carr - Exploration Through the Bottom of a Glass......Earth
- Sue Border - The Skardon River Kaolin Project PowerPoint Presentation
- - with AIG and ASEG - 27th April 2001 (Abstracts)
- SPONSORS: BILLITON-*- JBWere Financial Planning-*- ALS Chemex
- Frank Greene - The Nagambie Gold Deposit - Victoria.
- Wilson Gewargis - The Mineral Potential of Oman.
- Kit Lee - An Overview of the Status and Potential of the Exploration and Mining Industry in China
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Angus Collins - Triako Resources - Mineral Hill Update PowerPoint Presentation
- Jim Askew - Black Range Minerals - Syerston Nickel-Cobalt-Platinum Project
- Xiao Zhenmin - Major Non-Ferrous Metal Deposits in China
- Glenn Jones - Change of Australian
Geodetic Datum to Geocentric Datum of Australia
- Ken Maiden - Exploring for Copper in the Western Mount Isa Block
- Bruce Hooper - Nifty Copper Deposit - WA
- Lindsay Newnham - Avebury Nickel Deposit - Tasmania
- David Lowell - How Orebodies Are Found - La Escondida
- Michael Diemar - Chatree Gold Deposit - Thailand
- Chris Horsfall & David Cohen - Practical Uses
of PIMA in Exploration
Camillo Premoli - Exploration in Madagascar
David Hobby - The Adelong Gold Field-A Brief History
- Rich Goldfarb - Orogenic Gold Deposits: A Perspective
through Space & Time
- EXPLORATION UNDER COVER SYMPOSIUM - with AIG - 24th September 1999 (Abstracts)
- SPONSORS: LORD BROS. DRILLING-*- CRC AMET-*- GEOTERREX
- David Heberlein - Diablillos: A Supergene Modified
- High Sulphidation Ag-Au Deposit from the Puna of NW Argentina
- John Stockley - Exploration in the Kingdom of
- Gordon Maclean - Kempfield Silver-Barite VHMS
Project - NSW
- SMEDG Web Site Launched - First Notice Posted - July 1999.
- Rod Kirkham - Metallogenic Consequences of
Laramide Flat-slab Subduction-Western United States.
- Ian Levy & Steve Webster - The Gympie
Gold Discoveries - New Exploration Methods
- Gene Tobey - Gold/Base Metal Ore Deposits of Kassandra
District, Northern Greece.
- Geoff Derrick - A Century of Reflections on Elizabeth
Creek - NW Queensland.
- LACHLAN FOLD BELT SYMPOSIUM - with AIG - 18th September 1998 Speakers, Topics, Sponsors & Links
- SPONSORS: CIBC-WOOD GUNDY - PONTIL DRILLING (AUSTRALIA) (INTERNATIONAL) - KEVRON
- Garry Edser - Exploration Databases-Asking your
data some questions.
- David Garnett - Trends in Exploration Geochemistry-Going
Boldly into the New Millennium.
- Stan Church - Evaluation of the Impact of Historic
Metal Mining on Water Quality-Western United States
- Ralph Stagg - Tom's Gully Gold Project-Northern Territory.
- Wally Bucknell - Discovery of the Centenary Gold Deposit, Darlot, Western
- MINERAL EXPLORATION & MINING IN INDONESIA 1-DAY COLLOQUIUM (with CSIRO) - 1st April 1998 Speakers and Topics
- Chris Torrey - Intrusive-related Mineralisation in the Cobar District.
John Bishop - Application of Geophysics for Gold and Gold-Copper deposits.
- EXPLORATION AND MINING IN AFRICA SYMPOSIUM - with AIG - 18th August 1997 Speakers and Topics
Mike Fogarty & Steve Collins - Geological & Geophysical Exploration-Girilambone
& Tritton Copper deposits.
- Dick Hutchinson - The Geology of Gold Deposits: A Fifty Year Perspective.
- Geoff Smart - Browns Creek Copper-Gold Mine: An Operational Review.
- SOUTH AMERICA: A ONE-DAY SYMPOSIUM ON EXPLORATION AND MINE DEVELOPMENT - with AIG.
- Mike Doepel - Sipa-Outokumpu Panorama Base Metals Project.
- Adrian Fleming - Fishing in Africa
- Peter Ellis & Ken Lawrie - Exploration Advances in the Temora Area.
- John Cramsie, Guy Fleming, David Hilyard & Alan Clare - Discovery
2000: New Results for Central NSW.
- David Hutchins - Airborne Geophysical Surveys and Exploration Opportunities
- John Holliday - The Cadia Project
- Ian Plimer, Paul Ashley & Bernard Lottermoser - Mineralisation
in the Olary Block, South Australia.
- Hugo Hoogvliet - Mount Muro Indonesia-Geology and Aspects of Mining
in a Developing and Tropical Country.
- Rod Elvish - Beaconsfield Gold Mine Project, Tasmania.
- LOOKING 'ROUND THE CORNER - GEOPHYSICS IN MINERAL EXPLORATION - with AIG, ASEG and AusIMM. Speakers and Topics
- Camillo Premoli - Central Africa-Mineral Potential-Exploration Opportunities
and Risks-An Australian Perspective
- John Haggman & Chris Stephenson - The Discovery of the Dinkidi
- Bob Besley - Exploration for Opal Comes of Age.
- Terry Leach - High Sulphidation Au/Cu Systems of the SW Pacific.
- Ray Soper - The Cinola Gold Project, Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada.
- Steve Hunns - Effects of Wine on the Immortal Soul incorporating the Geology
of the Mt. Chalmers VHMS Deposit
- David Johnson - Capital Raisings for Mining and Exploration Companies.
- Dave Semple - The Tolukuma Gold Project, Papua New Guinea.
- Tim Sullivan - Geotechnical Engineering - What every good geologist should know.
- S R (Steve) Lishmund - A New Model for the Origin of some Diamonds in Eastern Australia.
- Bill Loughlin - Airborne Daedalus 1268 Scanner Images-including Thermal Infrared.
- Dr Lev Natapov - A New Metallogenic Map of the Former USSR: Progress Report.
- Professor Spencer Titley - Supergene Enrichment in Porphyry Copper Systems.
- Bob Singer - Benambra Base Metal Project.
- Professor Brian Mackenzie - "Coming of Age in Australia" Reflections of a Professional Student in Resource Economics.
- 1993 - SYMPOSIUM ON RECENT ADVANCES IN THE MOUNT ISA BLOCK - with AIG - 21st May 1993 Speakers, Topics and Sponsors
Hugo Hoogvliet - Lihir Gold Project, PNG.
- Bob Valliant - Hemlo-style Mineralisation in the Canadian Shield.
- Jack Di Marchi - An Overview of the Geology of Alaska including the more Important Mines and Mineral Deposits.
- 1992 - RESOURCE EVALUATION SYMPOSIUM - with AIG - 15th October 1992 Speakers and Topics
- Dr Jane Plant - Geochemistry in the development of Metallogenic Models and Exploration Criteria for Sedex and MVT Base Metal Deposits.
- Luke Swift - Magnetic and Radiometric Signature of the 1:250,000 Bathurst Sheet S1 55-8.
- John Porterfield - Porgera Update.
- Paul Heithersay - The Discovery and Geology of the Goonumbla and Lake Cowal Deposits.
- Michael Doepel - Panorama Base Metal Deposits - East Pilbara.
- 1992 - "ASIA UPDATE SYMPOSIUM" - Geology, Metallogenesis, Exploration and Recent Developments in Asia Speakers and Topics
Wally Bucknell - Surveyor 1 - Geology of the Balcooma Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide Deposit - Queensland.
- Terry Peachey - Kanowna Belle Gold Deposit.
- Urpo Kuronen - Russian Lithogeochemistry Case Histories from Finland and Australia.
- Tony Morgan - Changing Perceptions at the Enterprise Gold Mine, Pine Creek, N.T.
- Jack Thompson - Aerial Reconnaissance Exploration.
- Nori Ushirone - The Hishikari Gold Deposit, Japan.
- Anna Dawson - Mineral Explorers through the Eyes of the Australian Conservation Foundation.
- Tim McConachy - Hydrothermal Plumed and Volcanogenic Massive Sulphides.
- Dr Daniel Guibal & Dr Henri Sanguinetti - The Application of Geostatistics to Small Vein Deposits.
- Peter Rea and Bob Close - Balcooma Massive Sulphide Deposit
- Prof. G. Neil Phillips - Witwatersrand Gold: Is There a New Angle?
- Dr Roy Cox - The Wilga Massive Sulphide Deposit, Benambra, Victoria.
- Lindsay Bottomer - Geology and Exploration History, Eskay Creek Deposit, Northwestern British Columbia.
- Ken Williams - Extra-Terrestrial Palaeontology.
- John Bain - BMR/GSQ Georgetown Project: A Regional Mapping Case History.
- Professor Ken Fletcher - Interpretation of Exploration Geochemical Data: Background and Threshold.
- Dick Lewis - The Geology of the La Coipa Silver-Gold Deposits, Chile.
- Peter Kenewell - A New Concept for the Copeton Diamond Field.
- Dr Russell Fountain - The Girilambone Copper Project.
- Jacob Rebek - Dugald River Update.
- Neil Schofield - Using Geology with Geostatistical Methods.
- Ron Butler - Singhbum Copper.
- Greg Hall - Granny Smith Gold Mine, W.A.
- Mike Turbott - Geishas, Gaijins and Gold.
- 1989 - A SYMPOSIUM - "BASE METAL UPDATE - SOME AUSTRALIAN BASE METAL PROJECTS - EXPLORATION AND RECENT DEVELOPMENTS" - with NSW DME Speakers and Topics
- Phillip Uttley - Case History of the Lucky Draw Gold Mine, Burraga, N.S.W.
Steve Webster, Dick Henley & Lyal Harris - High Resolution Geophysics for Epithermal Gold Exploration - Fast, Frugal and Effective.
- Prof. Miroslav Marovic - Remote Sensing Case Histories at two Yugoslavian Base Metal Deposits.
- Dr Stephen King - Getting the Most from Structural Data.
- Jim Marlon-Lambert - Practical Use of Micro-Computer Software for Mine Planning, Grade Control and Surveying in an Operating Mine Environment.
- SMEDG vs THEM Cricket Match! 2nd April 1989 at Dobroyd (Who were THEY?)
- Dr John Bishop - Geophysical Signatures of Tasmanian Ore Deposits.
- Dr Dick Henley - Geology on the Right Side of the Brain.
- John Duke - Rapid Evaluation Methods Used in Planning Large Scale Mining of Residual Gold Reserves.
- Dr. Nick Badham - Exploration in the Area of the Cabacal Gold Deposit, Brazil.
- 1988 - TECHNICAL MEETING - "CASE STUDIES IN WESTERN PACIFIC EXPLORATION" - with AusIMM.
- 1988 - TECHNICAL MEETING - "NEW HORIZONS IN MINERAL SAND EXPLORATION" - with AusIMM.
- Dr. Jim Macnae - EM for Gold Exploration and Geological Mapping.
- Dr. Ken Maiden - Ore Deposits of SW Africa/Namibia and Some Analogues in the Australian Proterozoic.
Mike Smith - Geophysical Applications for Epithermal Exploration in the Western Pacific.
- Dr. David Garnett - Neutron Activation Analyses - Alchemy or Black Magic?
- Dr Thomas Utter - Brazil's Gold Mining Potential - Speculations and Observations.
- Prof H. G. Bachmann - Assaying and Refining of Platinum Group Metals at Degussa AG, West Germany.
- Dr Ian Story - Outlook for Mineral Exports and the Economy.
- Gary Raymond - Some Case Histories of the Application of Geostatistics to Ore Reserves and Grade Control.
- Abstracts for this list, with links/updates, are a work-in-progress.
- Ian Morrison - The Starra Au-Cu Project, N.W. Queensland.
- Dr Michel David - Gold: Drill Intersections versus Proven Reserves with Reference to Australian Examples.
- Dr David L. Giles - Epithermal Gold Deposits with an Emphasis on the Western U.S.
- 1985 - A SEMINAR - "EXPLORATION TOWARDS 2000" - with NSW DMR Speakers and Topics
- 1983 - A SEMINAR - "HIGH GRADE METAL DEPOSITS IN EASTERN AUSTRALIA" - with NSW DMR Speakers and Topics
- Dr Charles Meyer - Ore Forming Processes in Geologic History
- Dr Bryce Wood - Geology and Exploration of the Mt. Victor Gold/Base Metal Deposits at Kainantu, PNG
- 1982 - A SEMINAR - "TIN IN EASTERN AUSTRALIA" - with NSW DMR Speakers and Topics
- Dave Roberts - The Olympic Dam Copper-Uranium-Gold Deposit, Roxby Downs, South Australia
- Prof. G.H. Moh - Complex Ore Deposits: Geology, Mineralogy and Geochemistry of Tin Tungsten Ores with Complex Sulphides
- Dr R.L. Nielsen - Precious Metal Deposits of the Southwestern United States
- Dr Laurie Curtis - Recent Trends and Developments in Canadian Exploration
- Dr Fred Henderson III - Joint Geosat-NASA-JPL Test Case Programme
- Dr Zdenek Johan - Mineralisation in Granitoids
- Ross Logan - Recent Developments Concerning the HYC Deposit
- Dr Tim O'Driscoll - The Structural Approach to Mineral Exploration (BEDG)
- Prof. A Wilson - Behaviour of Gold in the Supergene Environment (BEDG)
- 1981 - A SEMINAR - "GOLD IN EASTERN AUSTRALIA" - with NSW DMR Speakers and Topics
- Prof. Eugene F. Stumpfl - Stratabound Base Metal Deposits, Neptune and Pluto Reunited?
- Prof. John C. Ferm - Methods of Basin Analysis
- Dr Ian Plimer - Doradilla Tin Prospect, NSW
- Jac Genis - Exploration Case History - Massive Sulphide Gossan in Mount Hope Volcanics, western NSW
- Dr Douglas Fraser - Dighem Results from Conductive Environments in Australia
- Dr John Ferguson - "Kimberlites"
- Dr J.D. Crone - Borehole Pulse EM - Elura (NSW) and Dufault (Quebec)
- Prof Frank M. Vokes - Recent Metallic Mineral discoveries in the Permian Oslo Palaeorift
- Dr. R. V. Gaines - Geology and Mineralisation of Ta-Be Pegmatites of China
- Del Flint - Geology, Exploration and Development of the Ertsberg Copper Deposit, Indonesia
- Ian R. Johnson - Exploration Case History of the Dugald River Zinc-Lead Deposit, North West Queensland
- Dr. R. H. Sillitoe - Porphyry-Related Mineralisation in a Volcanic Context
- Dr. David Mason - Geology and Exploration Case History, Arvik Polaris Zn-Pb Deposit, Canada
- Don Nicholson - Mining Legislation - A Bane or Boon to Exploration?!
- Robert A. Miller - Review of Applications of Computer-Based Data Banks
- Dr. Ian Plimer -The Tharsis and Rio Tinto Deposits of Spain
- Rupert Crowe - The Carbonate Hosted Lead-Zinc Deposits of Ireland
- Murray W. Hitzman - Ruby Creek Copper Deposit, Alaska
- John L. May and Dr Matthew Blecha - Newfoundland Zinc Mine - Daniel's Harbour
- Dr Harold Siegel - Uranium Exploration using Lead Isotope Ratios
- E. J. (Ed) Malone - Woodlawn Base Metal Deposit, New South Wales
- Dr. John J. McNerney - The JIC Gold Film Mercury Detector - Applications
- Dr. R. W. Hutchinson - Tectonic Significance of Massive Sulphides
- Fred B. Henderson - Recent Developments in the Use of Landsat Imagery
- Bob Hall - Geology & Exploration Case History - Frieda River Copper Prospect, P.N.G.
- Dr. Roy Woodall - Gold in the Archaean of Western Australia
- Dr. Max Richards - Cleveland Tin Mine, Tasmania
- Tom O'Dea - Geology and Exploration of the Porgera Gold Deposit, P.N.G.
- Marne A. Dubs - Technological Aspects of Deep Sea Mining
- A SHRINKING GAP EXISTS IN THE RECORD FROM 1978 T0 1994 IN WHICH OVER 150
TALKS WERE PROBABLY GIVEN. ANY MORE INFO OUT THERE? THANKS TO GREG CORBETT, JOCK GILFILLAN, JOHN CRAMSIE AND RUSSELL MEARES FOR RECENT ADDITIONS. SEND SMEDG ARCHIVAL STUFF TO: COMMITTEE.
- Dr. Roy Cox - Wolgan Coking Coal Deposit, Western Coalfield
- The Hon. W. C. Wentworth - Uranium - How the Companies Missed the Boat
- Mel Jones - Kelapa Kampit Tin Deposits, Belitung, Indonesia
- Max Richards - Geology and Mineralisation of the Ardlethan Tin Mine, NSW
- Murray Rogers - Geology and Mineralisation of the King Island Scheelite Deposits, Tasmania.
- Harry Stevenson - Exploration, Evaluation, Development and Operation of Mt. Carbine Wolfram Mine, N.Qld.
- A.A.C. Mason - Case History of the Geology, Discovery, Development, Construction & Operation of the Telfer Gold Project, WA.
- Charles F. Park - Minerals and Politics.
- Ike Schulman - Cliches: An Aid to Exploration.
- Kim Stanton-Cook - Discovery, Exploration & Geological description - Maureen U3 O8 -CaF 2 -Mo Deposit, Georgetown, N.Qld
- Don Sangster - Stratabound Lead-Zinc Deposits in Sedimentary Rocks:
- A Geological Synopsis.
- Don Sangster - Geological Features of Canadian Volcanogenic Massive
- Nick Marshall - United Nations Reconnaissance Geochemical Survey in Montenegro, Yugoslavia
- Dr. Russell Fountain - Namosi Porphyry Copper Deposit, Fiji
- D.A. Pretorius - Conceptual Models, Basin Analysis and Stratiform Mineralisation
in South Africa.
- Nick Marshall - U.N. Reconnaissance Geochemical Survey in Montenegro,
- Russell Fountain - Namosi Porphyry Copper Deposit, Fiji.
- Steve Webster - Geochemical and Geophysical Case Study of the Que River
Base Metal Deposit, Tasmania.
- Ken Maiden - Geology of the Cattle Grid Copper Deposit, Mount Gunson,
- Robin Curtis & Adrian Fleming - Geology and Evaluation of the Yandera
Porphyry Copper Deposit, Papua New Guinea.
- S. Breiner - Recent Developments in Instrumentation Applicable to Uranium
- Rob Ryan - Ranger 1 Uranium Deposit, Northern Territory: Exploration
- Lindsay Newnham & Kerry Reid - Geology and Exploration at Renison and Mt. Lyell, West Coast of Tasmania.m
- D. Powell - Status of US Uranium Exploration.
- Don Wagg - Airborne Input EM Surveys for Massive Sulphide Deposits.
- Garry Lowder & J.A.S. Dow - Discovery, Evaluation and Geological
Features of Porphyry Copper Deposits in Sulawesi, Indonesia.
- John Rowntree & Dave Mosher - Case History and Descriptive Geology
of the Jabiluka Uranium Deposit, Northern Territory.
- Ron Butler & Greg Dunn - Mineral Analysis and the Geologist.
- Mark Foy & David Tucker - The Koongarra Uranium Deposit, Northern
- Gwynn Griffith - Geostatistical Method of Ore Reserve Estimation.
- J.D. Crone - Ground Pulse EM in Exploration for Massive Sulphides.
- C. Baker & D. Pogson - Results of Recent Geological Survey of NSW
Mapping in the Cobar Region.
- Garry Lowder - The Geology and Exploration of the Ok Tedi Porphyry
Copper Deposit, Papua New Guinea.
- Jim Gingrich - The Application of Track-Etch Techniques in Uranium
- Ian Nichol - Geochemical Characteristics of Massive Sulphide Mineralisation
in Canadian Archaean Greenstone Belts.
- Brian Sowry - Geological Applications of Photometric Ore Sorters.
- Janos Foldessy - Mineral Exploration in a State-controlled Socialist
System - Hungarian Example.
- Bill Shaw - The Forrestania Nickel Project, Western Australia.
- Tony Howland-Rose - Geologists versus Geophysicists: A Communication
- Geoff Louden - Marcopper Porphyry Copper Deposit, Philippines.
- Mike Aubrey - ERTS-A Satellite Program for Monitoring Natural Resources
- Geoff Reynolds - Gunpowder Copper Deposit, NW Queensland. Update
- Paul Riddell - Australia's Uranium - the World Position.
- Roy Cox - A Review of the Lady Loretta Zn-Pb-Ag Deposit, NW Queensland.
- 2001 Update Announcements Craig MacDougall's AIG Conference Paper
- Lincoln McClatchie - Gold Occurrences in the Lachlan Fold Belt.
- R.W. Hutchinson - Volcanogenic Sulphide Deposits and their Metallogenic
- Oskar Kortan - Geology of the Copper deposits of Cyprus.
- A.J. Naldrett - Nickel Sulphide Deposits, Utramafic Rocks and the Mantle.
- Ken McCracken - Everything You Always Wanted to Know About CSIRO Mineral
Physics (but were afraid to ask).
- John Sharpe - Volcanic Anatomy and Model of Some Canadian Massive Sulphide
- N.L. Markham - Metallogenesis of the Lachlan Fold Belt with Reference
to Metallogenic Maps of NSW.
- Tim Welsh - The Cadia copper-magnetite deposit, NSW.
- Spencer Titley - Pre-ore Tectonic Framework of Southwestern US Porphyries,
with Implications Related to the SW Pacific.
- Peter Solomon - Geochemical Aspects of Exploration for Massive Sulphide
Deposits with Particular Reference to the Lachlan Fold Belt.
9th November 1972.
- ANY SMEDG PRESENTERS FROM OVER THE LAST 32 YEARS (AND THERE ARE OVER
270 OF YOU) WHO WOULD LIKE TO POST AN ABSTRACT OF THEIR TALK ON THIS SITE
PLEASE FORWARD IT TO US.
- SMEDG Committee Contacts
- Vancouver Mining Exploration Group - Abstracts