Joseph Ogierman – The Discovery of Busang, Indonesia – “The World’s Largest Gold Deposit” – Before and After the Bre-X gold scandal
Mike Smith – The National Rock Garden – Abstract – Presentation
Angus M Robinson, FAusIMM (CP) – ‘Striking Gold through Geotourism: developments in the Ku-ring-gai GeoRegion, a pilot project of the National Geotourism Strategy’
Biography and Synopsis and see PRESENTATION
- NSWGS Showcase – Program, Chris Yeats – Overview, Phil Blevin – Projects, New Maps & Research, John Greenfield – Drilling in Southern Thomson Orogen and Sam Wilkin – Precompetitive Data Sunrise
- John Elliston – Retracing the Systematic Steps in a Voyage of Scientific Discovery ~ Presentation Summary
- SMEDG Inaugural Dinner. Citations for Geoff Loudon      David Timms      Steve Collins      Ken Maiden      Presentation Photos      Attendee Photos
- Mark Gordon ASIC Information Sheet 214
- CWEDG Meeting – Forbes, NSW: Jon Hoye and Stefanie Loader from CMOC Northparkes, Joe Booth, Evolution Mining and and Mark Arundell, IMEx Consulting
- CWEDG PRESENTATIONS: Jonathon Hoye Distinguishing Intrusive Phases in Strongly Altered Hydrothermal Settings Stefanie Loader Sepon Discovery Stories Joe Booth Cowal Drilling rEvolution Mark Arundell MILC + NFILC
- Tim McConachy – Steiglitz Gold Project, Victoria
- Vladimir David – Magic Touch of Gold and the Agnew Mining Camp – Abstract ~ Presentation .ppt as .pdf
- Graham Carman – Tinka Resources A tour of the mineral deposits of Peru, with a focus on the Ayawilca zinc ~ tin ~ silver discovery in central Peru
- Kylie Hargreaves NSW Division of Resources and Energy Our Social Licence – A Priceless Commodity
- Barry Dawes – Stockmarket Outlook Update
- Rob Yeates – Coal Valuations
Peter Downes and David Tilley -“Keys to understanding the Central Lachlan the GSNSW Nymagee mineral systems study” Powerpoint Presentation
Chris Torrey – “Silver City Minerals at Broken Hill” ~ POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
Jane Barron and Russell Fountain – “A new, outcropping, greenfields gold discovery at Paupong (near Jindabyne) NSW; serendipity and science” JANE’S POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
Tony Hope – Exploration, Mines and Money POWERPOINT PRESENTATION AS 35MB.PDF – Mount Morgan – Murphyores HM deposits – Ginkgo HM deposit – Bougainville porphyry – Ok Tedi porphyry – Lihir
Neil Rutherford – Abstract – Integrating Exploration Data to Develop and Modify Exploration Models: Case Studies from Two Sites in Indonesia (50MB)
Ken Maiden & Karl Hartmann – Omitiomire Flyer OMITIOMIRE COPPER DEPOSIT, NAMIBIA:THE ROCKY ROAD TOWARDS PROJECT DEVELOPMENT (68MB .pdf! and great pictures…)
John McIntyre and Bob Adamson – The Valuation of Mineral Projects Why are valuations required? How are valuations carried out? Who does a valuation? What are the roles of Valuers and Technical Appraisers? Is this a career option? What is AIMVA? – Presentation.pdf
Greg Corbett – Gold Discovery in Papua New Guinea – Flyer Powerpoint Presentation as an 84 slide, 28MB .pdf Dedicated to the memory of Gavin Thomas
SMEDG-AIG STUDENT NIGHT
SMEDG-AIG STUDENT NIGHT
- Amberley Murray – Hydrothermal alteration, ore fluid characteristics and mechanisms for gold deposition at the Wallaby Gold Deposit, Laverton, Western Australia Abstract Presentation
- Eliza Smith – Geochemistry and alteration at the Hermes and Central Bore gold prospects, Peak Hill District, WA. – Abstract
- Samantha Clarke – Submarine landslides on the upper southeast Australian passive continental margin – preliminary findings. – Abstract Presentation
- Thanks to Hellman & Schofield – Student Dinner Sponsor @ Selah, Loftus Street, Circular Quay Photos
- Mark Grodner – Turkish Delights Powerpoint as 9MB .pdf
- Tony Hope – The Hope Factor – Gingko – Arumpo Bentonite – Browns Creek Gold Powerpoint as 60!MB .pdf
- Daniel Brost – PanAust Limited Laos Exploration Update Powerpoint as 5MB .pdf
- Chris Yeats – Minerals Down Under – Addressing the Exploration Challenge in the 21st Century
- Bruce Rohrlach – Geology of the Tumpangpitu Cu-Au Deposit, Tujuh Bukit Project, East Java, Indonesia Powerpoint as 19MB .pdf
- Rob Rutherford – The Maronan Silver-Lead Project: The Giant Cannington Deposit’s Less Messed-Up Little Brother Reaches Puberty
- Rimas Kairaitis – The Hera & Nymagee Mineral System – A significant Cobar-style ore system developing Powerpoint as 3MB .pdf
- Kim Stanton-Cook – The Copper Hill Porphyries Presentation .pdf 7.5MB .pdf The Copper Hill Porphyries – Geological Setting, Exploration & the Search for Extensions + links
- SMEDG/AIG STUDENT BURSARY AWARDS
- Amy Cockerton – Monash University – – The Liquid Bismuth Collector Model: An Analysis of the Stormont Au-Bi Prospect, Tasmania Amy’s Resume
- Sabin Zahirovic – Sydney University – Linked Plate Motion and Mantle Convection Models of the India-Eurasia Collision Sabins’s Resume
- Professor Richard Hillis – An Update on the Deep Exploration Technologies CRC: A Major New Government- and Industry-Funded Research Initiative in Mineral Exploration
- Steve Collins – Very Large Scale Gradient Array IP Survey in the Orange District, NSW
- Lucy McClean, Manager Environment and Community, NSW Minerals Council – Exploration in a Climate of Change: Aboriginal Cultural Heritage, Land Access and Moreâ¦â|
- John Levings – Robust Resources’ Polymetallic Discovery on Romang Island
- Wally Bucknell – Atlantic Gold’s Cochrane Hill and Touquoy Gold Projects in Nova Scotia
- Sue-Ern Tan – Fighting for the Future of Exploration in NSW – the Latest on Land Access and other Regulatory Reforms
- Prof. Damien Gaboury – Archean Lode Gold Deposits at Abitibi
- Dr. Panagiotis Voudouris – Gold deposits of Greece Powerpoint as 21MB .pdf
- Chris Torrey – Chief Consulting Geologist, CTEX Pty Ltd., for Golden Minerals Company – The Geology and Mineralisation of the El Quevar Silver Project, Northern Argentina: Silver-Copper mineralisation in advanced argillic hydrothermal alteration within the Queva-Aquas Calientes Volcanic Complex. Powerpoint as .pdf 2.5MB
- SMEDG/AIG STUDENT BURSARY AWARDS
- Laura Klingberg (Adelaide): Regolith-Landforms and Regolith Geochemistry of the ‘Tomahawk’ Au-in-calcrete anomaly: Tunkillia, Gawler Craton, South Australia Powerpoint Presentation .pdf
- Angela Marshall (Wollongong): Regolith Enrichment of the Wonmunna Marra Mamba Iron Ore Deposits of the Hamersley Region, Western Australia Powerpoint Presentation .pdf
- Other AIG Bursary Winners – Grace Shephard (Sydney) and Robert McCarroll (UNSW) Award Ceremony Photo
AIG and SMEDG Bursary Winners Presentations, 29th January, 2009
MINES & WINES CONFERENCE with NSW DPI – Geological Survey May 25th – 26th 2006 in Cessnock. It was a Beauty!
- Dr Dick Henley – Geology on the Right Side of the Brain.
- John Duke – Rapid Evaluation Methods Used in Planning Large Scale Mining of Residual Gold Reserves.
- Dr. Nick Badham – Exploration in the Area of the Cabacal Gold Deposit, Brazil.
- 1988 – TECHNICAL MEETING – “CASE STUDIES IN WESTERN PACIFIC EXPLORATION” – with AusIMM.
- 1988 – TECHNICAL MEETING – “NEW HORIZONS IN MINERAL SAND EXPLORATION” – with AusIMM.
- Dr. Jim Macnae – EM for Gold Exploration and Geological Mapping.
- Dr. Ken Maiden – Ore Deposits of SW Africa/Namibia and Some Analogues in the Australian Proterozoic.
Mike Smith – Geophysical Applications for Epithermal Exploration in the Western Pacific.
- Dr. David Garnett – Neutron Activation Analyses – Alchemy or Black Magic?
- Dr Thomas Utter – Brazil’s Gold Mining Potential – Speculations and Observations.
- Prof H. G. Bachmann – Assaying and Refining of Platinum Group Metals at Degussa AG, West Germany.
- Dr Ian Story – Outlook for Mineral Exports and the Economy.
- Gary Raymond – Some Case Histories of the Application of Geostatistics to Ore Reserves and Grade Control.
- A SHRINKING GAP EXISTS IN THE RECORD FROM 1978 T0 1994 IN WHICH OVER 150 TALKS WERE PROBABLY GIVEN. ANY MORE INFO OUT THERE? THANKS TO GREG CORBETT, JOCK GILFILLAN, JOHN CRAMSIE AND RUSSELL MEARES FOR RECENT ADDITIONS. SEND SMEDG ARCHIVAL STUFF TO: COMMITTEE.
- Dr. Roy Cox – Wolgan Coking Coal Deposit, Western Coalfield
- The Hon. W. C. Wentworth – Uranium – How the Companies Missed the Boat
- Mel Jones – Kelapa Kampit Tin Deposits, Belitung, Indonesia
- Max Richards – Geology and Mineralisation of the Ardlethan Tin Mine, NSW
- Murray Rogers – Geology and Mineralisation of the King Island Scheelite Deposits, Tasmania.
- Harry Stevenson – Exploration, Evaluation, Development and Operation of Mt. Carbine Wolfram Mine, N.Qld.
- A.A.C. Mason – Case History of the Geology, Discovery, Development, Construction & Operation of the Telfer Gold Project, WA.
- Charles F. Park – Minerals and Politics.
- Ike Schulman – Cliches: An Aid to Exploration.
- Kim Stanton-Cook – Discovery, Exploration & Geological description – Maureen U3 O8 -CaF 2 -Mo Deposit, Georgetown, N.Qld
- Don Sangster – Stratabound Lead-Zinc Deposits in Sedimentary Rocks:
- A Geological Synopsis.
- Don Sangster – Geological Features of Canadian Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide Deposits.
- Nick Marshall – United Nations Reconnaissance Geochemical Survey in Montenegro, Yugoslavia
- Dr. Russell Fountain – Namosi Porphyry Copper Deposit, Fiji
- D.A. Pretorius – Conceptual Models, Basin Analysis and Stratiform Mineralisation in South Africa.
- Nick Marshall – U.N. Reconnaissance Geochemical Survey in Montenegro, Yugoslavia.
- Russell Fountain – Namosi Porphyry Copper Deposit, Fiji.
- Steve Webster – Geochemical and Geophysical Case Study of the Que River Base Metal Deposit, Tasmania.
- Ken Maiden – Geology of the Cattle Grid Copper Deposit, Mount Gunson, South Australia.
- Robin Curtis & Adrian Fleming – Geology and Evaluation of the Yandera Porphyry Copper Deposit, Papua New Guinea.
- S. Breiner – Recent Developments in Instrumentation Applicable to Uranium Exploration.
- Rob Ryan – Ranger 1 Uranium Deposit, Northern Territory: Exploration and Geology.
- Lindsay Newnham & Kerry Reid – Geology and Exploration at Renison and Mt. Lyell, West Coast of Tasmania.m
- D. Powell – Status of US Uranium Exploration.
- Don Wagg – Airborne Input EM Surveys for Massive Sulphide Deposits.
- Garry Lowder & J.A.S. Dow – Discovery, Evaluation and Geological Features of Porphyry Copper Deposits in Sulawesi, Indonesia.
- John Rowntree & Dave Mosher – Case History and Descriptive Geology of the Jabiluka Uranium Deposit, Northern Territory.
- Ron Butler & Greg Dunn – Mineral Analysis and the Geologist.
- Mark Foy & David Tucker – The Koongarra Uranium Deposit, Northern Territory.
- Gwynn Griffith – Geostatistical Method of Ore Reserve Estimation.
- J.D. Crone – Ground Pulse EM in Exploration for Massive Sulphides.
- C. Baker & D. Pogson – Results of Recent Geological Survey of NSW Mapping in the Cobar Region.
- Garry Lowder – The Geology and Exploration of the Ok Tedi Porphyry Copper Deposit, Papua New Guinea.
- Jim Gingrich – The Application of Track-Etch Techniques in Uranium Exploration.
- Ian Nichol – Geochemical Characteristics of Massive Sulphide Mineralisation in Canadian Archaean Greenstone Belts.
- Brian Sowry – Geological Applications of Photometric Ore Sorters.
- Janos Foldessy – Mineral Exploration in a State-controlled Socialist System – Hungarian Example.
- Bill Shaw – The Forrestania Nickel Project, Western Australia.
- Tony Howland-Rose – Geologists versus Geophysicists: A Communication Gap?
- Geoff Louden – Marcopper Porphyry Copper Deposit, Philippines.
- R.W. Hutchinson – Volcanogenic Sulphide Deposits and their Metallogenic Significance.
- Oskar Kortan – Geology of the Copper deposits of Cyprus.
- A.J. Naldrett – Nickel Sulphide Deposits, Utramafic Rocks and the Mantle.
- Ken McCracken – Everything You Always Wanted to Know About CSIRO Mineral Physics (but were afraid to ask).
- John Sharpe – Volcanic Anatomy and Model of Some Canadian Massive Sulphide Ores.
- N.L. Markham – Metallogenesis of the Lachlan Fold Belt with Reference to Metallogenic Maps of NSW.
- Tim Welsh – The Cadia copper-magnetite deposit, NSW.
- Spencer Titley – Pre-ore Tectonic Framework of Southwestern US Porphyries, with Implications Related to the SW Pacific.
- Peter Solomon – Geochemical Aspects of Exploration for Massive Sulphide Deposits with Particular Reference to the Lachlan Fold Belt. 9th November 1972.
- ANY SMEDG PRESENTERS FROM OVER THE LAST 50 YEARS (AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF YOU) WHO WOULD LIKE TO POST AN ABSTRACT OF THEIR TALK ON THIS SITE PLEASE FORWARD IT TO US.
- SMEDG Committee Contacts
- Vancouver Mining Exploration Group – Abstracts
RevolverMaps SMEDG Visitor Globe
The globe is interactive: enlarge or rotate. See yourself flagged on SMEDG. Red dots show recent visitors’ locations.